How well do you work with young people?
Leading Link, a small charity whose main vision is ‘maximising
the potential of all young people’ are looking for volunteers to make a real difference to a young persons’ life?
We are looking for volunteer mentors to work on a new innovative project within Northumberland supporting young people aged 8 – 18 who may be at risk of anti-social behaviour or may just need a listening ear?
No formal qualifications are needed. Free training and further opportunities for the mentor will be provided. Volunteers must have a genuine interest in supporting young people. They must be patient and able to show empathy. A good sense of humour and a willingness to get involved with activities is also desirable.
Travel expenses will be paid at 50p per mile and additional
activity costs up to £25 per month.
The time commitment will be decided on the young person’s ne
eds and the mentors’ availability from as little as 2 – 3 hours fortnightly.
Benefits to you
· Develop skills, knowledge and experience needed for a career working with young people.
· Regular supervision
· Training opportunities from minibus training to the John Muir Outdoor delivery.
· Friendly, supportive staff and organisation
· Increase chances of gaining employment
· Good reference if appropriate
· Achieve introduction to Safeguarding, Health and Safety and other policies.
· Meet new people and gain new personal experiences.
· Enhance your CV
· Boost your own ability and confidence
· Learn to respond to challenges and situations with support.